The MSME is a reference to Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises and is the primary Government agency that is responsible for the management and development of rules, guidelines, and laws pertaining to small-scale manufacturing in India. On the 02nd of October in 2006 the MSME (Micro Small, Medium, and Medium-sized Enterprises) was made operational. It was established to help improve and increase the competitiveness of MSMEs. MSMEs are considered to be competitive because of their size. MSMEs are considered essential in the Indian Economy as this sector plays an important role in the industrialization process of rural and Backward regions. MSME Registration is obtained according to the MSMED Act, 2006 and getting MSME registration within India is not required however it must be assessed that businesses or organizations that have MSME registration are able to take advantage of the numerous schemes and benefits provided by the government.
Definition of MSME
In May 2020 The Indian Finance Minister Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman, introduced a brand new definition of MSME In this change there is the distinction between Manufacturing and Service sectors was eliminated as well as Investment Limits were revised, and a criterion for turnover was introduced.
In accordance with the revised MSME definition, as per the revised definition MSME, MSME includes any type of enterprise regardless of proprietorship, Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) a group of people or partnerships cooperative society, company/undertaking under any name. The following is the categorization of companies according to those laws: MSME Acts:
|Manufacturing Enterprises and Enterprises Rendering Services||An investment into Plant & Machinery or Equipment up to INR 1 crore||The investment in Plant & Machinery or Equipment as high as INR 10 crore||The investment in Plant & Machinery or Equipment as high as INR 50 crore|
|Annual Turnover of up the amount of INR 5 crore||Annual Turnover of up the amount of INR 50 crore||Annual Turnover up the amount of INR 250 crore|
Note: Previously, the MSME Registration covered only service manufacturing and service industries. However, in the year 2021, the Government of India announced in July 2021 that wholesale and retail trade would be covered in the MSME classification and that wholesale and retail companies could submit an application for MSME registration but not motor motorcycles and vehicles. Therefore, manufacturing and service industries as well as wholesale and retail trades are covered and eligible for registration.
What are the Benefits of MSME Registration in India?
Here are some advantages that come with MSME In India:
- Anyone who has an MSME Registration is able to obtain bank loans at a significantly lower cost, around 1.5 percent. This is significantly lower than the typical rate of banks;
- Many Tax Exemptions and Rebates are available to MSMEs;
- MSMEs can continue to carry the credits earned for tax credits for MAT (Minimum Alternate Tax) up to a time of 15 years which in the typical situation is ten years.
- There are a variety of tenders that are available just for industries with authorization under the MSME Act;
- MSME gets credit facilities that are easy to access from a variety of Financial Entities;
- Industries that are registered under the MSME Act are given higher priority over other industries.
- Industries or companies that have An MSME Certificate have better growth opportunities due to direct access to the major trade fairs as well as more opportunities to showcase their business to the world.
- MSMEs are eligible to get Collateral no-cost loans since banks will not accept any security as collateral for a loan amount that is less than 10 Rs Lakhs;
- Industries with registration under MSME are eligible to receive the reimbursement for ISO Certification;
Who is eligible to apply for MSME Registration in India?
Below is a list of applicants eligible to apply who are eligible to submit an application to apply for MSME Registration within India:
- Hindu Undivided Family (HUF);
- Limited Company;
- LLP or Limited Liability Partnership;
- One Person Company (OPC);
- Any affiliation of individuals’
- Partnership Firm;
- Co-operative Societies or any other business can obtain MSME Registering in India.
Documents Required for MSME Registration in India
The only PAN Card and Aadhaar Car are the only documents needed to complete the MSME Registration. The registration process is entirely online and no verification or documents are required. PAN & GST linked details regarding the turnover and investment of companies will be collected immediately through Udhyam Registration Portal. Udhyam Registration Portal from the government databases. This portal is fully integrated into the GSTIN, Income Tax & GSTIN System.
Below are some of the important information to be included in the application Form:
- Aadhar Number;
- Name of the businessperson in accordance with Aadhar Card;
- Type of organization such as Private or Public Limited Company, LLP, Proprietorship, HUF, Co-operative Society, Partnership Firm, Society or Trust;
- PAN Card;
- Address of the office of the company;
- The account number as well as the IFSC Code of the bank;
- Employees’ number;
- Investment in plant and machinery (in the event that there isn’t any investment in plant and machinery, the entrepreneurs can record the amount to zero);
- Plant or unit’s location;
- Social categories, such as OBC, General, SC, or ST;
- Enterprise name;
- Start date of business, or the incorporation date of enterprise registration;
- NIC Code of the primary action;
- The business activities of an organization.
Procedure for MSME Registration
The applicant is able to make an application to the MSME Registration via Udyam Registration It’s an online portal run by the government that works with the GSTIN and the Income Tax system. In order to obtain GST Registration isn’t required for companies that do not fall within the scope of GST Law. However, businesses that fall under the ambit of the GST Regime are required to get GST Registration in order to be eligible for Udyam Registration.
- The MSME Registration can be obtained through the Udyam website, and the portal does not charge fees to provide the registration
- Following that the confirmation message will be displayed on your screen, containing your reference code for the app;
- After completing the verification formularies and after submitting the MSME and the Ministry will issue it the MSME Certification as well as the Udyam Registration Certificate to the applicant’s email address. The MSME will grant the MSME Registration within 3 days from the date of the application submission.
- The certificate is valid for life and is not a request for renewal.
- The applicant is able to download the certificate through the account that was created through the official website of Udhyam Registration.
Important Points to Remember:
- The individuals who have obtained UAM Registration or any other registration that is permitted by any authority within the MSME should apply for a re-registration through the Udyam Registration Portal by selecting the option “For New Entrepreneurs who are not registered yet as MSME/those with EM-II”.
- Companies or enterprises that have UAM Registration must migrate to Udyam Registration by the 30th of June, 2022. If the owners of UAM Registration did not upgrade to Udyam Registration before this date or before, they will be unable to use the UAM Registration will be invalid and they won’t have the opportunity to benefit from the advantages offered to MSMEs.
Validity of MSME Registration Certificate
MSME Certificate is valid as long as the company is operating and issued for life so long as the requirements for classification are fulfilled.
Also, Read-Code Editor