Process for Transfer Applicants to Be Accepted in Duke University
Duke Campus is situated in North America. It was started in 1838 under the name of Trinity College. Later, the name was converted to Duke University when the Duke Legacy was recognized in 1924. The college is known for its vast and flexible learning field. There are around ten colleges and school. Trinity College of Arts and Science is the oldest and Nicholas School of Environment is the recent one.
Duke University provides all kinds of facilities within the campus. Thus, undergraduate students are required to reside within the campus for the initial three years. This also helps in grooming students to face outside world in near future. The University is not only focused for their student’s grades, but they also help in building up team spirit, competitiveness, creativity and every other skills that is required nowadays to compete with the corporate world.
CampusReel provides the privilege of understanding every college with depth. They upload videos, blogs, and articles covered by students staying or studying within college. This helps in knowing the college from within. Often it is seen that students apply for colleges just by hearing name and later regret. Many colleges get transferred students every year. Transfer acceptance rate for Duke College alone is 6.56 percent.
Duke University is very strict about documentation for transfer students. If any of the documents are missing or incomplete, the application is rejected straightaway. Here is the list of documents that is required from transfer students each year –
- High School Record
- College Record
- Essay or Personal Report
- Standardized Test Score
- Good Conduct Statement from Previous Institute
Duke University also needs minimum credit points of 8. This is basic requirement that needs to be fulfilled by transfer students to apply for the college.
Here is the basic requirement for every transfer student to apply in Duke University –
- Your GPA score should not be less than 3.8, which should also be in one of the challenging program.
- Transcripts from high school and previously attended institution are necessary for admission.
- SAT score is standard for all students and is required from everyone.
- At least two letters of recommendation is required from previous institution, which will be given by the professors or faculties.
- Essays are compulsory in every college which describes your characteristics and positive traits. This helps in mentioning about your important achievement and positive points which cannot be mentioned in a resume.
- The application fee is $75 which is non-refundable.
- Interview is optional, which completely depends how skillfully you submit your application along with all required documents.
- As mentioned above, the minimum credit score is 8 which can be earned by getting the lowest grade C-.
To get a degree in Duke, a student has to spend at least 2 years in the University. Transfer students are accepted only in fall. You must complete minimum one year in previous college to quality for Duke.
Here is the score for 2019 during fall –
- 920 applications were received
- Only 26 transfer applications were accepted. This means less than 5 percent was accepted.
- Out of 26 applications, 15 transfer applicants were enrolled into the program.
Duke University provides flexibility in choosing major and other activities. They focus not only on grades, but also in grooming their students to make them compatible with outside world. With knowledgeable faculties and updated technology, one can surely get fascinated with the campus.